Lack of Sleep causes Heart Problems

I was already been diagnosed of having Premature Ventricular Contraction (PVC) or commonly called as Ventricular Premature Beat (VPB). I used to palpitate readily. And I cannot easily breathe which sometimes lead me to faint. huhu!

My cardiologists explained to me that this was the result of so much stress and lack of sleep. I am very afraid now that I am having a work and I could only get about 4 hour-sleep everyday. huhu!

I do not know yet what to do..huhu!

11 Responses to Lack of Sleep causes Heart Problems

1. Mark T. Market says:

Apparently sleep also helps weight control, or does it?

Sleep More To Lose Weight?

Take care and catch those zzzs!

2. lunaticg says:

Hi!
    I sleep only 3 hours almost everyday. Maybe thats why I cannot easily breathe when i am doing my workout.
    thank you for sharing this.
    See you around.

3. GAGAY says:

Yes, Mark, I have read several articles about lack of sleep being a contributing factor to weight gain.

BTW,I like your blog’s lay out, Dr. Gagay πŸ˜‰

Recent blog post: Woman, Let Your Voice Be Heard

4. GAGAY says:

I haven’t figured out a good way to get more sleep, except if they made the days longer. 30 hour days instead of 24 might work better, at least for me. πŸ˜‰

Recent blog post: Intruder Whacked with a Sauce Pan

5. GAGAY says:

Visiting this other blog of your Gagay!

Just take it easy… πŸ˜€ :*

Recent blog post: New Changes

6. GAGAY says:

woot! woot! I can fully see my face here too… :* πŸ˜€ :*

Recent blog post: New Changes

7. GAGAY says:

I think you better get more sleep. Health should always be No.1 on your priority, if not, having all the money in the world also no use, right?

Good to stumble on your post here. Reminds me to get more sleep – besides getting heart problems, they say continuous lack of sleep will result in Type B Diabetes. And worse, without enough sleep, your immune system suffers and your natural killer cells cannot work effectively to kill all those cancer cells, resulting in cancer! Scary yes? Get enough sleep for the sake of good health! πŸ™‚

8. GAGAY says:

haie foong! πŸ˜‰

Recent blog post: Lack of Sleep causes Heart Problems

9. GAGAY says:

oh, sorry to hear about your worrie, girl… I've been battling with sleeplessness few weeks ago & now I'm back on the right track, cutting back my caffeine intake:( sure it did help, no more coffee for me in the afternoons nor Coke just caffeine-free Diet Coke for dinner…
    hope you'll be better soon:)

Recent blog post: Goodbyes and Changes

10. GAGAY says:

Hi, Mark! All of the guys above are right. For an average adult person, we should be sleeping at least 7-8 hours per night. Now, there are many reasons why people do not sleep well. Aside from primary insomnia and delayed-phased sleep syndrome, it is quite common among Asians (including) Filipinos, to be suffering from what is known as Obstructive Sleep Apnea (people who stops breathing in their sleep). Now, if not properly treated (usually with CPAP), people end up with myriads of complications, such as hypetension, heartbeat irregularities, stroke, diabetes and many others. Now, the first step that you should take will be, to consult to a sleep specialist especially if you are a loud snorer and bed partner witnessed you stop breathing in your sleep or waking up in the middle of the night choking or gaping for breath. I hope this advice will help you attain restorative sleep. πŸ™‚

Recent blog post: Happy Birthday Cakes

11. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

Gagay, take care! I am also suffering from fast heart beat. I have this after I gave birth to my second baby. >:o πŸ™‚ Angie