If you’re planning to go under the knife for a cosmetic procedure, you’ll want to be aware of a few tips that can help keep you safe. Although most reputable plastic surgeons will make your safety a top priority, your well-being may be in jeopardy if certain important factors are neglected. Here are a few ways to better ensure your safety while undergoing plastic surgery.
Image from bravesites.com
Research the Doctor
Most doctors nowadays have information about their education and training that can be easily found online. Much of this information can even be found directly on the websites of the facilities where these doctors work. The most qualified doctors are certified by established organizations that require members to possess a certain level of education and training before joining. You should crosscheck all information with other sources in order to ensure accuracy. It’s also important for you to check to see whether or not a particular doctor has ever had his or her license suspended or faced any malpractice lawsuits.
Research the Facility
In addition to finding out about the doctor, you’ll also want to make sure your procedure will be performed at an accredited facility. Some of the most reputable hospitals and plastic surgery centers are certified by agencies that require strict standards to be met. The facility should also have all the proper equipment that has been thoroughly sanitized. Another important factor to look into is whether or not the facility is equipped to handle any medical emergencies that may arise during your surgery. You can also look into the history of any code violations the facility may have had.
Beware of Having Surgery Abroad
Many people are tempted to have their procedures performed out of the country to save money. Although some people experience no problems, others are often left with botched results and face more serious complications. Not all doctors in these foreign countries follow proper safety protocol and may not even be qualified to practice in the first place. If you’re going to choose this route, make sure you carefully research the doctor and medical facility in advance and read reviews or watch video testimonials from other patients. The Hospital Group is an example of a medical group that offers procedures in the UK, and you can also choose from many other facilities around the world.
Inquire About Follow-Up Care
Your doctor should give you detailed follow-up care instructions and schedule you to revisit the facility a few days after your surgery. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about any information that may seem confusing or vague. You can even request further information on things you can do to help yourself heal more efficiently. Any instructions given to you by your doctor should be closely followed so that you don’t unnecessarily delay the healing process.
When you choose to have plastic surgery, it’s especially imperative that you take the measures to look after your own safety. Taking the time to do the proper research in advance may save you the trouble of having to deal with serious medical problems following your procedure.
For routine doctor visits, it may not be necessary to be on a one to one basis with your doctor. It doesn’t hurt, but it is not always necessary. When you are faced with a surgical procedure, everything changes. You don’t have to be close personal friends with your doctor, but it does help to spend some time with them before the procedure. This is especially true when it comes to cosmetic surgery. The more time you get to spend with your surgeon, the more comfortable you will become with the procedure you are about to go through. You should have a list of questions to ask the doctor and their support staff. Here are some of the more common questions that you should consider asking.
- Will there be a lot of pain?
- Will there be a lot of swelling?
- How long is the typical recovery time?
- Are there any adverse side effects?
- Is this procedure safe for me?
- Where will the procedure take place?
- If there are complications, how are they handled?
- Are there any before and after photos available?
These are just some of the more common questions to ask about the procedure itself. You should also ask plenty of questions about the doctor and staff at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates. Make sure you have the answers to the following questions.
- Are you properly licensed for plastic surgery?
- Are you trained in just plastic surgery?
- How many years have you been practicing?
- Do you hold certifications with the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking these questions. You may even want to meet the team at the center. Knowing the names of everyone that is going to be helping you through the entire procedure will make things much easier for you.
People who are looking for Panama City plastic surgery will get the latest minimally-invasive cosmetic surgery procedures and care from Medical Cosmetic Center. Some of the procedures that can have a dramatic on the appearance of the patient are:
- Smartlipo Laser-assisted lipolysis is a system that disrupts fat cells and tightens tissue. It is a good alternative to liposuction to treat localized fat deposits that are on the body and face. It also coagulates blood vessels so there is less bleeding and bruising than with liposuction alone.
- VASER Lipo. VASER Lipo focuses on specific fat deposits and uses ultrasonic waves to break up fat cells, so they are easier to remove. It can be used to sculpt arms, chest or neck and tightens the skin while reducing fat. It is a gentle procedure that requires less down time even after dramatic reshaping of the body. The results are smooth skin without the lumpy appearance of traditional liposuction.
- SmartSkin CO2. This is a skin tightening procedure that treats:
- Deep wrinkles
- Significant sun damage
- Poor skin texture
- Solar lentigines. It used microablative technology that delivers two treatments at one time. It resurfaces the skin and rejuvenates collagen.
- Thread Lift/Ribbon Lift. This is a minimally invasive face lift procedure that can be done over a weekend. It takes about one hour to perform and requires a small amount of downtime. It is best for people who are just beginning to show aging. It will improve sagging mid-facial skin, under eye bags and hanging neck skin. It is recommended for women between the ages or 35 and 45.