For routine doctor visits, it may not be necessary to be on a one to one basis with your doctor. It doesn’t hurt, but it is not always necessary. When you are faced with a surgical procedure, everything changes. You don’t have to be close personal friends with your doctor, but it does help to spend some time with them before the procedure. This is especially true when it comes to cosmetic surgery. The more time you get to spend with your surgeon, the more comfortable you will become with the procedure you are about to go through. You should have a list of questions to ask the doctor and their support staff. Here are some of the more common questions that you should consider asking.
- Will there be a lot of pain?
- Will there be a lot of swelling?
- How long is the typical recovery time?
- Are there any adverse side effects?
- Is this procedure safe for me?
- Where will the procedure take place?
- If there are complications, how are they handled?
- Are there any before and after photos available?
These are just some of the more common questions to ask about the procedure itself. You should also ask plenty of questions about the doctor and staff at Orlando Plastic Surgery Associates. Make sure you have the answers to the following questions.
- Are you properly licensed for plastic surgery?
- Are you trained in just plastic surgery?
- How many years have you been practicing?
- Do you hold certifications with the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking these questions. You may even want to meet the team at the center. Knowing the names of everyone that is going to be helping you through the entire procedure will make things much easier for you.