Our clocks are springing forward but how about your fitness goals? Chances are, those New Year’s resolutions didn’t make it to Valentine’s Day but that’s okay – now is the time to spring back into fitness and get your weight loss Seattle goals back on track.
So dust off your gym shoes and pull the bicycle out of the garage. It’s time to take advantage of spring’s longer and warmer days by getting out and getting active. No matter if you’re starting from scratch or a dedicated athlete who just got a bit sidetracked, there are plenty of great ways to make spring your second chance for fitness.
Lower Intensity Activities
Just because you’re not sprinting around the track like a jack rabbit doesn’t mean you can’t burn calories and improve fitness. The following activities may be low impact but are surprisingly effective:
- Yard work – Mowing the lawn, trimming the hedges, weeding the garden – these are all activities that are more of a workout than you might think. Because you’re using a variety of muscle groups from your core and back to arms and legs, be sure you do some gentle stretching and ease into your activity to avoid injury.
- Walking – The great thing about walking is that you can easily adjust the length of time and intensity of your walk. Make sure you have a good pair of walking shoes and start off slow and easy. Before long you’ll find you can walk farther and faster than when you first started.
- Cycling – Like walking, riding a bicycle is an activity which you can start slowly and gradually increase at your own pace. Not only is cycling a fun way to get some exercise, it’s also an environmentally friendly way to get from place to place.
Higher Intensity Activities
If you’re looking for more of a challenge, try some of these outdoor activities:
- Interval training. After an easy warmup and stretching, interval training involves short bursts of intense activity followed by short periods of rest. Don’t forget the cool down! Join an outdoor exercise group for inspiration and some friendly competition.
- Running. Take your walking or jogging up a notch and hit the trails for a run.
- Competition. There are a variety of races available to participate in, so why not give yourself a goal to train for? Training for and competing in a 5k run or a 20k cycling race is a fun way to stay motivated and focused.
Spring is the perfect time for weight loss Los Angeles. Whatever shape you’re in, be sure to get outside and enjoy the weather.