During the 18th Anniversary celebration of the PhilHealth Incorporated in EDSA Shangri-La Manila in Mandaluyong City on Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2012, Thursday, the Department of Health (DOH) secretary announced the expanded health coverage insurance of PhilHealth, the expanded Case Type Z Benefit Package.
This expanded Case Type Z Benefit Package now covers “catastrophic” like coronary heart diseases, congenital heart defects and ventricular septal defects. This package previously covers only treatments for breast and prostate cancers, leukemia for children and dialysis package which was first released in July 2012.
Here are some benefits for this expanded Case Type Z Benefit Package of PhilHealth:
- severe coronary heart disease — a patient can consume up to P550,000 for the coronary artery bypass surgery
- for congenital heart defects — a patient can consume up to P320,000
- ventricular septal defects — a patient can consume up to P250,000 in selected accredited hospitals
- cervical cancer — a patient can also consume up to P120,000 for her treatment
- prosthetic surgery for the lower limbs — patient can consume up to P15,000 per limb
These are yet the coverage of the expanded health insurance which PhilHealth can provide. The company wishes to expand more the coverage of their health insurance system soon.