At home, we are just unaware of the appliances and other household materials and equipments that are producing carbon monoxide (CO). These are due to either improper installation or the more common than not is the old age of equipments. As time goes by and through continuous usage of appliances, they produce rusts and corrosion that are causing blockage and loosing of proper connections which are basically the most common source of carbon monoxide.
Since carbon monoxide is considered a silent killer, one should consider these signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning at home.
- loss of consciousness
These signs and symptoms mentioned above are very common and can be associated to other illnesses though, should one take note if these only observable to members of the family only, these only present and manifested when at home only like if you leave home, signs and symptoms are relieved. If these are the case, then a probable diagnosis is carbon monoxide poisoning.
For home safety and security, it is much suggested to install a carbon monoxide alarm. As a golden rule, prevention is always better than cure.