Computer Games Cause Dementia to Children

Neurologist Baroness Susan Greenfield, in a conference on Friday, October 14, 2011, said that online gaming, computer gaming, ain’t good for children. It can cause permanent damage to the brain cells that could lead to dementia.

Computer Games Cause Dementia to Children

Dementia is a condition where in the brain has loss its function. This usually, physiologically, happen to old or aging people. However, if adult, young or even children are suffering from such condition, it is not a good thing. It, basically, a clue that the children are suffering from a serious condition.

Dementia is an irreversible condition. It is characterized by permanent loss of the normal brain cells’ functions. It affects, primarily, the person’s memory, thinking and most importantly, cognition.

So mothers, please be aware and keep your kids away from prolong exposure to computers.

18 Responses to Computer Games Cause Dementia to Children

1. Pinx says:

maayo na lang walay hilig sa computer si Bogs Gay… books and blocks ra jud iyang ganahan…

2. joy says:

Dementia is a form of insanity, just as long as we monitor and regulate online gaming with our kids, it will not do harm, on the contrary, computer games helps a lot in developing strategic skills in our children :)

3. Maricel says:

I agree with the post above, and I agree with Joy’s comment as well. I guess it’s all a matter of balance. :D

4. GbSb says:

Nice info. Children nowadays are fond of playing on computer.

5. Mona says:

thank you for sharing gagay .. kyla loves playing in computer pero lately nababawasan na watching disney junior na.

6. kimmy says:

that’s so alarming… :( thanks for sharing this article..

7. levy says:

I allow my son to watch TV for 2 hours lang. Too much of anything naman talaga is bad.

8. Carizza says:

oh noooo i dont want this to happen

9. Oh My! Really? I’m afraid that the kids of this generation are more into computers now because of several new technology’s.. I guess it’s just a matter of disciplining our youth.

10. Stacy says:

oh my… my bf has been playing computer games since he was young until now =(

11. Matsumoto says:

I still prefer kids playing outside than before the pc…though there are really games that help them too….moderation is the key.

12. rachelle says:

anything excessive is really bad. maybe we can allow them but must instill discipline in them. i think my son learned to read by playing PSP. and now occasionally reads my blog. haha!

13. marri says:

oh my GOD!
    thanks for this information. kaya nga po may oras lng ang mga kids ko sa paggamit ng computer. during weekends lng pwede except if they have homeworks

14. Herbert says:

I dont know what Dementia is but the idea of children getting addicted to computer games is not really good :D Thank you for this one Gagay :D

15. Lizzie says:

I’ve heard several negative impact of video games to children so I think parent’s supervision is really important…

16. Rossel says:

I don’t allow my daughter to use the computer during week days unless she needs it for her assignments or projects. I let her play computer games on weekends but only for 2-3 hours. Thanks for the info.

17. Sumi says:

Wow, I’ve been exposed to computer games for so long.. >.< I hope nothing bad will happen to me because of that. Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this info. I've never heard or read about this yet.

18. Deli says:

Hello Gay. Just read this as I browsed through your blog. My husband and I enjoy playing computer games :) Now, I wonder if dementia has been creeping in our brains. Hehe. Anyways, thanks for the info.