Breastfeeding Lessens Risk of Asthma for Babies

A very recent study reveals that breastfeeding infants in a minimum span of 6 months after birth reduces the babies symptoms of having asthma.

According to the study, babies who weren’t breastfeed within the earliest 6 months after birth showed signs and symptoms of asthma like difficulty breathing, wheezing and persistent cough with phlegm.

You can read the full story here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health/Breastfeeding-cuts-asthma-risk-in-babies/articleshow/9325402.cms.

Personally, as experienced, I guess this study is kind’a true because my nephew, Didong, who wasn’t breastfed by my elder sister, Bait, has been suffering from asthma having attacks and bouts of difficulty of breathing, coughing with phlegm and wheezing. In fact, since he was a kid, like one year old, he always been admitted to the hospital due to asthma.

So, to every mommies, mothers, out there, if possible, try to give time to breast feed your babies even just up until your babies would be 6-month old. But if you can make it until your baby reaches 2 years old, that is far better then.

By the way, you may want to check some baby goods to shop for your babies.

10 Responses to Breastfeeding Lessens Risk of Asthma for Babies

1. Lisa says:

It’s sad because I wasn’t able to breastfeed my baby and he had the signs I read from here. Is there something we can do about it? I mean for us mom’s who are not breastfeeding our baby. What are the possible ways to prevent it. He’s 4 months old ๐Ÿ™ – I’m worried.

We had no paedia, can’t afford it.

• gagay says:

sorry to tell ask why you cannot breast feed your baby? but it’s ok if you won’t answer..what I just want to tell you is that, kung ang prob ng breastfeeding ay pwede pa matugunan, u can breast feed your baby now, as you’ve said, your baby is yet 4 months old.. but if inde talaga pwede magbreast feed, you can give your baby an infant milk..ano pala pinapa-dede mo sa baby nyu po?

• Lisa says:

After giving birth, maraming milk sa breast ko pero hindi siya lumalabas or nagkulang ako sa effort para mailabas ito. Wala nang gatas ang dede ko :(. Bonna ang infant milk ni baby.

• gagay says:

ain’t good! sana po nag-effort nlng kau para mailabas..anyway, if stay at home mom po kau, you can still stimulate it..like try your baby na magdede sa breast nyu pod..from time to time kasi, once stimulated ang breast lalo na ng mga baby, may lalabas na gatas..while doing such, i advice you to eat yung ma-sabaw n pagkain..

i guess, bonna is not enough for an infant..that’s just in my opinion po..do you have plans to change the milk of your baby? it would be better if you’d do!

• Lisa says:

di ko kasi alam kung anong gagawin pa lalo’t first time mom ako… Gosh, you’re giving me hope and sana, sana because aside from the benefits na ma-gain ni baby, it’s the cheapest milk in the whole world.

Yes, meron akong plans. Any suggestion kung ano yung pwede kong ipalit na milk kay baby?

2. Julie says:

breastfeeding one’s baby really helps in strengthening the immune system. Unfortunately, my niece did not see it that way. the sad part was she was even smoking when she was pregnant, gggrrrhhh. No wonder her babies are all asthmatic. How I wish we have more caring mothers in this generation