ADHD is related to Depression

I am having a cousin who was diagnosed having ADHD (Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder) last year. She’s already 12 years old and oh, she’s damn hyperactive.

Last week, my aunt asked me if when am gonna be going home (in the province) coz she wanted me to accompany her daughter in the hospital to have her monthly check-up. My aunt, even my mum, are worried about the condition of my cousin coz she’s so moody. She’s like a pregnant woman (I used to tease my aunt like, isn’t she pregnant? LOL! Though she haven’t had menarche yet.) – mood swings. Whaaaaaataaaaaa kid!Well, indeed, kids or anybody diagnosed of having ADHD are expected to have mood disorders such as depressions and being so moody. Depression in children and adolescents are the same as for adults. However, there are symptoms which appear to be more prominent at certain ages. Some of which are extreme irritability, somatic complaints, social withdrawal, hypersomnia, psychomotor retardation (being extremely slow moving). These are very common to children.

In my cousin’s case, she’s very temperamental at times and oftenly complains something to something even if there’s nothin’ wrong with it. Nevertheless, great enough that she’s doing great at school. *sigh*

16 Responses to ADHD is related to Depression

1. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

hello. i know lots of people with this disorder. my boyfriend’s a teacher to special people and most of his students have ADHD. it’s difficult to deal with them sometimes but i do understand them more now as I always try and spend time with them, too especially when I am visiting my boyfriend at work. they are actually lovely and wonderful creatures. πŸ™‚

maxi of http://www.healthnbeyond.com

Recent blog post: I Just Got Tagged – And Perhaps, You, Too!!!

2. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

hello te maxi! thank you for being here!yeah! children having these disorder is so mahirap ideal! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Recent blog post: ADHD is related to Depression

3. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

ay. ganun ba yun? kahit di naman ako member ng FCC. baka magalit yung iba. sana di naman. i love to comment lang talaga instead of using only the CBox or Shoutbox. again, thanks! :'( touched ako. haha!

Recent blog post: I Just Got Tagged – And Perhaps, You, Too!!!

4. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

no! they won’t te! FCC members just used to feature FCsss..but it doesn’t mean that we’re featuring only FCC members..anybody who are first commenters can be featured either FCC member or not.. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Recent blog post: Lack of Sleep causes Heart Problems

5. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

ah… ganun ba? now i know! hehe. thanks a lot! πŸ˜€

Recent blog post: I Just Got Tagged – And Perhaps, You, Too!!!

6. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

yer welcome te! unta makabisita ka diri pirmi! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Recent blog post: Lack of Sleep causes Heart Problems

7. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

Wow I have seen children with this. They cant sit still and all the time doing something. It makes me tried just watching them.

8. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Recent blog post: Of being a medical student..

9. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

just heard this kind of disorder, it makes me think if my kids have them. I can’t tell. They are hyperactive but I don’t know if they have this kind of disorder… Hopefully, wala.. πŸ˜€

Recent blog post: Thank You, Gagay!

10. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

That is a very difficult condition to have. I have a relative who have ADHD. He’s the sweetest but he can’t always seem to keep still.

Gagay I’m linking you to both my sites.

Recent blog post: The Passing of Time

11. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

At last a new post by my doctor… πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
    how are you today gagay?

Recent blog post: Republic of Croatia or Republika Hrvatska banknote

12. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

Honestly, I never encounter this kind of kids yet.. I dont know maybe I was unaware of the disorder.

But at least, you cousin is doing great at school, di ba ang anak ni Kris Aquino kay Phillip ay ganoon din? Naki chizmiz pa hahaha..

Recent blog post: Baby Slippers

13. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

hello. it’s me again. dropping by to let you know that i already have that HTML thing you were asking me about. gosh ha. it was difficult to do. i did not ask anyone for assistance. ako lang…. edit here and there.. google here and there. after an hour, natapos ko rin.

i am not saying for you to change my photo that you placed as an award for me (thanks ha). i just want to thank you for reminding me about the importance of having my own HTML badge. again, thanks πŸ˜€

Recent blog post: High School Best Friends

14. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

:* :* :* Gagay!!

Recent blog post: I wanted to give you the best gift of all

15. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

Psychiatric consultation do wonders for ADHD symptoms greatly.

Recent blog post: Antarctica’s mountain peaks

16. GAGAY [gah-guy] says:

I know you mentioned that she’s been diagnosed already as having ADHD pero sometimes, you just want to make sure that the diagnosis is really correct. There’s also a possibility kasi that your cousin is just being herself – a moody teenager. It’s probably just her raging hormones that’s making her very hyperactive.

Another possibility is that your cousin might just be a spirited child. Spirited children do have some symptoms similar to ADHD but there’s also some differences. You might want to look at this page: http://parenting.ivillage.com/gs/gsbehavior/0,,45pv,00.html

I have a sister-in-law who was on the verge of thinking that her daughter already has ADHD, it was by accident that she got a hold of that book and the similarities and symptoms were sooooo much the same as her daughter’s. Once she knew how to handle her child, life was so much easier for the both of them. You might want to check on this.

ADHD is a very serious disease for children and should be handled with so much care and deep thought, most specially kapag ang recommendation ng doctors is for her to take medication already. So take heed. I really recommended reading up on spirited children. Baka spirited lang ang pinsan mo…

Recent blog post: Pourin’ So Much Love On Your Scraps